Highland is selling our fleet of bikes
2016 Rocky Mountain Maiden on sale now!
Bikes for sale are USED and sold AS IS.
Please read the FAQ below prior to purchase. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603)286-7677.
Disclaimer: Photo above is a stock photo of the bike model, and not of the actual bike for sale.
When will my bike be available?
- The Highland staff are working hard overhauling all the demo bikes now. All bikes are ready on a first come, first served basis. Many bikes will be ready for pickup before Christmas. If you would like your bike before Christmas, please call to check availability.
How do I get my bike?
- You can either pick up your bike at Highland, or have it shipped for an extra charge. If you will be picking up your bike, we highly recommend calling ahead of time to make sure it is ready. If you choose to have it shipped, Highland will contact you to pay actual price for shipping via UPS.
What does it cost to box and ship my bike?
- Highland charges $60 per bike to pack and box your bike, not including shipping. Highland will contact you to pay actual price for shipping via UPS. Please contact Highland prior to purchasing for a shipping estimate if needed.
How do I pay for my bike?
- You may purchase a bike online through the Highland Flagship Store, by calling (603)286-7677, or by contacting Don at email@example.com. (Please note: All purchases are final sale and sold AS IS so please make sure all of your questions are answered before purchasing.)
What will my bike look like?
- All of these bikes are used, so expect some cosmetic wear. Each bike frame was covered in a specially designed protective film at the beginning of the season. This prevents a majority of cosmetic damage and helps to keep your bike looking fresh. If you would prefer the protective film be removed there is an additional $60 charge for labor. If you would like to see pictures of a specific bike, that can be arranged by contacting us.
Will this bike be setup for my weight?
- Sure! Please include your rider weight, and your bike will be set up with the factory spring, or spring best suitable for rider if available.
What is the warranty on a used rental bike? What does completely overhauled mean? What gets replaced?
- Used rental bikes are sold AS IS and DO NOT come with any written or implied warranty from Highland Mountain Bike Park or the Manufacturer. AS IS condition refers to the current bicycle condition at the time of pick up with below items agreed upon and signed for by the new bicycle owner and mechanic.
- The following items will be replaced and serviced as part of the end of season overhaul:
- New OEM Grips, Seats and Pedals
- New Pivot Bearings
- New shift cable and housing
- Clean drivetrain (Chain, Cassette, Crankset)
- Rear derailleur shifting tuned/adjusted
- New Brake Pads (Front & Rear)
- Brake fluid replaced and serviced (Front and Rear)
- Tires in ridable condition with no torn knobs
- Bike frame and components may have scratches from rental use, buyer agrees to accept bike AS IS, and agrees that Highland does not owe free or warranty service/ parts on the bicycle.
What are the components and technical specs?
- All bikes come fully stock. See specs here